Sanford Aberdeen provides mammography imaging services to detect early changes in breast health. We are the region's first to offer 3D mammography, to help detect abnormalities at their smallest and most treatable stage.
Breast tomosynthesis, or 3D mammography, is a FDA-approved technology in the fight against breast cancer. 3D mammograms are used in conjunction with traditional screening mammograms and may decrease the need for a diagnostic mammogram. 3D mammography eliminates the complexity of overlapping breast tissue during imaging because the camera moves over the breast and takes images from multiple angles.
The benefits of 3D mammograms include:
- Reduced imaging call backs and additional tests.
- Earlier detection of small breast cancers that may be hidden during 2D mammography.
- Greater accuracy in pinpointing size, shape and location of abnormalities.
- Greater likelihood of detecting multiple breast tumors, which occur in 15 percent of breast cancer patients.
Our trained mammography technologists capture images that detect lumps, changes in tissue or calcifications too small to be found by physical exam. Sanford radiologists read each mammogram and provide results to patients and referring physicians.
Our breast health imaging services include:
- 3D Mammography
- Screening Digital Mammography
- Diagnostic Digital Mammography
- Computer Aided Detection (CAD)
- Breast Ultrasound
- Breast Ultrasound Guided Biopsy and Aspiration
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Pre-op Needle Localization
- Bone Density Testing
- Exclusive FAST Paddle™
Starting at age 40, yearly mammograms are recommended.
Mammography Hours at Sanford Aberdeen Clinic:
Monday: 8 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Tuesday: 8 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Wednesday: 8 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Thursday: 8 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Friday: 8 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
To schedule your mammogram at Sanford Aberdeen, call (605) 626-4400.